Terms and Conditions
CONTRACT OF SALE. By using this website or placing an order with Titan.fishing (the seller/us/we/our) - you (the customer/cardholder/addressee/buyer) agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
VISA: CREDIT- DEBIT- ELECTRON
ORDERS & DELIVERY. The vast majority of received orders placed on a weekday (Mon-Fri) are processed within 24-48 hours unless stated otherwise. Excludes weekends, public bank holidays and PRE-ORDERS. You will receive order pending confirmation by email when your order has been received and an order complete email when your order has been dispatched. Please allow up to 30 days in the extremely unlikely event that an item is out of stock, or during holiday shut downs. The Christmas Delivery webpage with ordering deadlines/last posting dates will become visible in November/December.
To check stock availability call our Customer Service Department on (0191) 4171686 from the UK or +44 191 4171686 from Abroad or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To combat fraud, when placing an order on our website, please make sure you provide us with the correct Billing address i.e. the confirmed address where your credit/debit card/PayPal account is registered to. The payment authorisation process is checked against your Billing address and if the address is not correct your payment will be declined and your order delayed until we receive the correct address from you.
Most UK orders are delivered by a Courier Monday to Saturday (ex public bank holidays) between 7.30am to 5.30pm (Sundays and extended hours during peak periods) and may require a signature on delivery (excluding £0.99p delivery charge orders). We prefer that all orders be delivered to the cardholders billing address or a PayPal confirmed address. If this is not possible you MUST supply us and/or PayPal at the time of ordering with shipping address details where someone will be in (work, neighbour, friend, etc). You may request special instructions before dispatch for Courier to leave a parcel unsigned for at the delivery address i.e. inside a garden shed, garage, porch etc... but this is entirely at the customers own risk and the delivery drivers own discretion. Please note if Courier cannot deliver after three failed attempts because the billing/shipping addressee is out/closed/refused, a forth attempted redelivery charge and/or a return to sender charge will be charged to you. All charges are equivalent to the orders original delivery charge. To arrange a redelivery please contact us or the Courier via the contact information provided on card, quoting the parcels barcode/consignment/tracking/job number, or track your parcel online the Couriers website and follow the on-screen instructions. We will notify you directly if any delivery surcharges apply. We will not be held responsible if your delivery is refused because the addressee is not known at the address. We will not be held responsible for the loss of your delivery after our courier has delivered it to the address. You MUST supply us with the correct PostCode for your address, as we will not be held responsible for deliveries to a similar address. A refusal to accept delivery will result in the loss of the original delivery charge and a return to sender charge equivalent to the orders original delivery charge.
Titan.fishing cannot guarantee a delivery date or time due to any courier inconsistency i.e. adverse weather, traffic, location, peak holiday periods or any other dilemma which may occur during transit.
If purchasing from outside the UK, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you: we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they will be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally when ordering from Titan.fishing, you are considered the importer and must comply with all law and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods
PRE-ORDERS. All pre-orders will be dispatched on or before the date shown on your order pending email. The date shown is only a guide and the vast majority pre-orders will be delivered before this date, however you will be informed by email in the event of any delays. All pre-ordered items will be dispatched at the same time, however some items may be dispatched separately. If you have a query regarding a pre-order, please reply to your order pending email or visit our contact us page.
UK POSTAGE & PACKING/SHIPPING & HANDLING. The cost of postage and packing will be displayed in the shopping basket when you select from the drop down list the UK region where your order will be sent. Please make sure you choose the correct postage for your UK region from the drop down list when ordering, as we reserve the right to rectify your order with the correct postage. Your order will be charged with the correct courier postage costs as per the weight/value of your order and your UK geographical location.
UK Mainland and N Ireland Standard Delivery now covers the whole of England (including the Isle of Wight), Wales, All Scottish PostCodes [except remote Scottish PostCodes beginning HS and ZE] and Northern Ireland.
Delivery to other parts of the UK: Scottish PostCodes beginning HS, IV 3-IV63, KA27-KA28, KW1-KW17, PA20-PA78, PH19-PH50 & ZE, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Isles of Scilly may include a remote area/over-water courier delivery surcharge depending on the weight/value of the order.
UK Mainland Express Delivery (1-2 Working Days) denotes to the delivery service used and not to a actual delivery day/date at the time of ordering. A working day is Monday-Friday ex public bank holidays. Excludes Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands. This service is non-refundable.
Royal Mail Special Delivery is expected to be delivered the following working day after you have been notified that your order has been dispatched. RM Special Delivery covers the whole of England (including the Isle of Wight), Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and BFPO. Delivery times may take longer to some remote areas and outlying islands. This service is non-refundable.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE & PACKING/SHIPPING & HANDLING. The cost of postage and packing will be displayed in the shopping basket when you select from the drop down list the country/region where your order will be sent. Please make sure you choose the correct postage for your country/region from the drop down list when ordering, as we reserve the right to rectify your order with the correct postage. Your order will be charged with the correct courier postage costs as per the weight/value of your order and your geographical location.
Postage/Shipping to the Republic of Ireland has a maximum weight limit of 10kg. The following European destinations Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain (excluding Canary Islands), Sweden have a maximum weight limit of 5kg. The rest of Europe covering all other EU and European countries has a maximum weight limit of 2kg. The Rest of the World has a maximum weight limit of 2kg.
PAYMENT. We accept the following major credit/debit cards and bank transfers online via the 100% secure PayPal payment gateway. Please note that it is not necessary to hold or open a PayPal Account. You can pay by the following credit/debit cards by clicking on the logos during the checkout process or by choosing Pay Debit or Credit Card option when using PayPal Checkout.
MASTERCARD: CREDIT - DEBIT
AMEX (American Express)
BANK DIRECT DEBIT
Sorry we cannot accept payment over the telephone or via email.
CURRENCY CONVERSION. All payments are made in British Pounds Stirling (GBP £). The Euro and US Dollar currency convertor available on this web site is only to be used as a guide. All foreign transaction/exchange rate conversions will be determined by your own Bank/Card Issuer or by PayPal.
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD SECURITY. We know of no documented cases of credit/debit card fraud using our secure online shopping system, PayPal. All credit/debit card numbers are encrypted using 128bit encryption software. Credit/debit card numbers are not held in clear text on any web site or transmitted via Email.
SIZING. Titan use British man-sizes and not skimpy Chinese sizes. Our outerwear garments have generous over-measures for unrestricted movement and casting. If you do not know your chest and waist measurements, please measure yourself and check carefully the sizes available for the products you are ordering. In general the men's sizes are as follows: small fits 30' - 34' chest, medium 36' - 39', large 40' - 43', extra large 44' - 47', extra extra large 48' - 52' and king size 54' - 60' unless stated otherwise. We will exchange any garment to a different size, however all additional postage/delivery charges are payable by the customer.
All other product sizes and dimensions are approximate.
EXCHANGES. Goods can be exchanged for a different size (if available) or used as full or part payment of an alternative product, however all additional postage/delivery charges are payable by the customer. All goods must be returned unused with its original packaging and all labels/swing tickets still attached. Labels/swing tickets do not need to be removed to try on, inspect or assess the goods. You must ensure that reasonable care is taken of the goods you are returning as we will not be held responsible for the returned goods until the returned goods reaches us.
RETURNS. You may return the goods at your expense for a refund of the original product price paid. By law you must first notify us in writing by email within 14 days from the day on which the goods are received. Do not return any goods until you have received approval from us to do so. All goods must be returned unused with its original packaging and all labels/swing tickets still attached. Labels/swing tickets do not need to be removed to try on, inspect or assess the goods. You must ensure that reasonable care is taken of the goods you are returning as we will not be held responsible for the returned goods until the returned goods reaches us.
If item/s are damaged on receipt this MUST be reported to the courier at the time of delivery and reported to us within 3 days of receipt.
Where items are bought as gifts we can only refund the original payer.
*SALE/SPECIAL OFFER/REDUCED TO CLEAR PURCHASES. Your statutory rights are not affected on goods purchased in a sale but given that many of the goods being offered are at below our cost price, our normal returns policy doesn't apply.
Sale goods can be exchanged for a different size (if available) or used as full or part payment of an alternative product, however all additional postage/delivery costs are payable by the customer.
Sale goods cannot be returned for a refund and we will not accept the return of sale goods because a garment ordered is the wrong size or if you have simply changed your mind.
CARING FOR BREATHABLE WATERPROOF CLOTHING. Just as a sports car needs to be serviced, waterproof breathable garments are manufactured with hi-tech fabrics that need to be looked after and treated with a little TLC. All top quality breathable waterproof fabrics the world over suffer from a phenomenon called "WET OUT", this is when precipitation saturates your garment’s outer shell fabric, presenting you with a damp sensation as if your garment was leaking when in fact it is not. To prevent wet out, all leading breathable waterproof outer shell fabrics are treated with an invisible polymer treatment to prevent wet out called "DWR", a durable water repellency that is applied to the outer shell fabric layer, DWR penetrates the fibres reducing the fabrics surface tension causing precipitation to bead and roll off, thus preventing moisture to absorb into the outer shell fabric. As with all leading breathable fabrics the DWR is not permanent, regular wear and tear, exposure to the elements, dirt and detergents will shorten the DWR lifespan. To restore the Durable Water Repellency, hand wash the garment with a mild salt-free detergent. The washing will remove dirt and contaminants and will help rejuvenate the DWR on the outer shell fabric. If precipitation still fails to bead and roll off after washing, the garments DWR has reached the end of its useful life. To restore the garment’s DWR liberally apply a spray-on DWR specifically designed for breathable waterproof clothing (available from all good Outdoor Clothing retailers) to the washed and cleaned garment.
Machine Wash DWR’s or silicone waterproof sprays for tents are not recommended as they will hinder the garments breathability.
WARRANTY. All Titan/Titantex goods purchased from Titan.fishing have a 12 month warranty from the original date of purchase. The warranty only applies to the original owner in addition to your statutory rights under the laws of England. In the unlikely event of a manufacturing or material defect developing during the first 6 months, the goods may be repaired or replaced at our discretion. The warranty is non transferable to subsequent owners. The warranty does not cover misuse, accidental damage, punctures to the fabric or fair wear and tear. Should we deem it necessary that the goods need to be sent to us for inspection, a receipt of proof of purchase must be enclosed. You must ensure that reasonable care is taken of the goods you are returning as we will not be held responsible for the returned goods until the returned goods reaches us. You must return the goods to us by 2nd Class post only, if the goods are too heavy for a 2nd Class post, Standard Parcel service from the Post Office must be used.
We reserve the right to revalue the goods returned as imperfect after heavy wear and tear.
EU health and safety regulations prohibit our staff from handling wet or dirty items. Please return clean and dry.
CATALOGUES. To help save our Planet, we no longer print paper catalogues. All up to date product information is available on this web site.
E-NEWSLETTERS & PROMOTIONS. After your first order you will automatically receive details of future special offers by e-mail. If you do not wish to receive these e-mails, please reply to the e-mail with the subject UNSUBSCRIBE.
NOTES. We have taken as much care as possible to describe and portray items accurately. Slight variations in actual goods may occur. We reserve the right to inform the customer of any incorrect information and/or pricing before the order is dispatched. We also reserve the right to cancel an order for any reason.
Due to our constant search for perfection. Titan reserves the right to change or improve the specification of our products.
TITAN ™, TITAN.FISHING and TITANTEX® words and logos are trademarks of Titan Fishing Products Ltd
TRADE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In addition to the above, the following terms and conditions apply to applicable trade businesses only.
- We now offer a trade discount on ALL Proforma orders placed online over £300.00 ex VAT (before discount) including free UK mainland and Northern Ireland delivery.
- To qualify you must first register your business with us by email: email@example.com or by calling us on 0191 4171686. Please note: You will not be able to apply a trade discount until your registration has been accepted and you have received a confirmation email from us.
- Trade references may be required.
- Orders less than £300 ex VAT (before discount) will not qualify for a trade discount.
- Europe (including Channel Isles and Eire) and the rest of the world extra delivery/shipping charges apply.
- All Trade Prices are exclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the seller these conditions which supersede any earlier sets of conditions of the seller shall override any terms or conditions stipulations incorporated or referred to by the buyer whether in any order or in any negotiations and all guarantees warrants or conditions (including any conditions as to quality or fitness for any purpose) whether express or implied by statute common law or other otherwise are excluded and hereby negated.
- Any time or date named by the seller for delivery is given and intended as an estimate only and the seller shall not be liable to make good any damage or loss whether arising directly or indirectly out of delay in delivery
- Delivery shall be taken by the buyer in the period (if any) named in the quotation or order and such full details as may be necessary (or required by the seller) to enable the seller to complete the delivery within such a period shall be supplied by the buyer. The return of goods shall not be made without prior agreement between the buyer and the seller. Upon agreement a restocking charge will be levied and the remaining balance credited to the buyers account. All credits must be redeemed within one year of the date issued.
- Subject as is otherwise herein provided, the seller will replace at its own cost all goods which are faulty at the date of delivery provided that the buyer shall have notified the seller in writing of the fault within seven days of delivery but the seller will not be liable for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) or costs caused to the buyer or any third party consequent upon any fault or faults in any of the goods.
- The seller’s liability under the foregoing clause of these conditions shall cease if the seller’s representatives are denied full and free right of access to the goods.
- If the buyer shall make default in or commit any breach of his obligations to the seller under any agreement for sale of goods or if any distress or execution shall be levied upon the buyer his property or assets or if the buyer shall make or offer to make any arrangements or composition with creditors or commit any act of bankruptcy or if any petition or receiving order in bankruptcy shall be presented or made against him or if the buyer shall be a limited company and any resolution or petition to wind up such company’s business shall be passed or presented otherwise than for reconstruction or amalgamation or if a receiver of such company’s undertaking property or assets or any part thereof shall be appointed the seller shall have the right forthwith to determine any order then subsisting and upon written notice of such determination being posted by it to the buyer’s last known address any subsisting order shall be deemed to have been determined without prejudice to any claim or right the seller might otherwise make or exercise. A charge of £25.00 will be invoiced each time a cheque is represented for payment.
- Should default be made by the buyer in paying any sum due under any order as and when it becomes due the seller shall have the right either to cancel all further deliveries until the default be made good or to cancel the order so far as any goods remain to be delivered there under.
- In the case of partial completion of an order the seller shall be entitled to a quantum meruit in respect of all goods delivered by it without prejudice to its rights should non-completion be occasioned by the buyer
- In the event of war invasion act of foreign enemy hostilities (whether war has been declared or not) civil war rebellion revolution insurrection or military or usurped power the seller shall be relieved of liabilities incurred under this contract wherever and to the extent to which the fulfilment of such obligations is prevented frustrated or impeded as a consequence of any such event or by any statute rules regulations order or requisitions issued by any Government department Council or other duly constituted authority or from strikes lock-outs breakdowns of plant of any other causes (whether or not of the like nature) beyond the sellers control.
- Unless otherwise agreed these conditions and the contract shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English law.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions it is hereby expressly agreed that in the event of any goods being faulty the sellers shall not be under any liability to the buyers or to any third party for the cost of any other goods or for the cost of any labour or of any process used in conjunction with the goods in order to manufacture some manufactured article nor for any loss of profit or other loss expense or damage whatsoever, except as mentioned in Clause 8 in these conditions.
- The seller acts only as an agent for embroidery and printing services and such services are entirely at the buyer’s own risk.
- All damages and shortages must be reported to the seller within 7 days of delivery.
- The Seller will repair or replace any of its products, which are defective in workmanship or materials, within one year from date of purchase. Warranty not transferable.
- Products requiring warranty work should be sent with handling fee of £5 to the seller, Proof of purchase must be enclosed.
- THE SELLER TITAN FISHING PRODUCTS LTD RESERVES TITLE TO THE GOODS UNTIL SUCH GOODS HAVE BEEN PAID FOR
All contents are copyright © 1998-2018 Titan.fishing All rights reserved.